Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My chocolate ban is over

I was in the amazingly awesome not-my-local supermarket when I saw something I'd never seen before.

Picture me, if you will, barrelling down the aisle with a full trolley, Ashleigh sitting in the toddler seat squirming, wriggling and trying to free herself, when my peripheral vision radar goes off with a DING DING DING DING!

Instant stop. Super slow motion reverse. Head turns. Mouth drops open. Eyes bulge.

The new object of my affection:

It's drinking chocolate. And it's peppermint.
And it's Cadbury.
HELP ME!

Chocolate ban, be gone! Now that I know this product exists, I can't not drink it. It's impossible.

I bought it. I brought it home. I waited until Cameron (king of the milk-frother) got home. I asked him to make me one.

And I drank it.

And then three more.

And they were good. So very good.

From a six-month chocolate ban to a social situation exemption to peppermint drinking chocolate on tap. How long until I'm back to a block a day?

Who knows. Perhaps this next cup of steaming hot peppermint chocolate will enlighten me...


Are you a fan of peppermint chocolate? Drinking chocolate? Any chocolate? What is your chocolatey weakness?

15 comments:

  1. See, this is why you should never completely exclude anything from your diet! It will be back, bigger and more powerful than ever. I do love mint and chocolate together, most of all in the form of Mint Slice, and I hoovered around 20 choc-coated after dinner mints at the weekend. No self-deprivation here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, Mint Slices. They would be perfect with this drinking chocolate...

      Delete
  2. I love Galaxy Drinking Chocolate!! I had a friend send me 5 packets over from the UK... mMmmm yummmy and all with marshmellows ofcouse!!

    :) could NEVER put myself on a chocolate ban..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that one. I'll have to get some sent to me, too!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a fan of the peppermint chocolate, but I love the Cadbury drinking chocolate. It is soooo good,
    Plus, I'm sure it's better for you than actual chocolate. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! The chocolateyness is diluted, right?! x

      Delete
  4. I purchased this a few months ago, I have to say I'm not a fan but my husband loves it! To the point where I bake with it. But 6months no chocolate? WOW! good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, baking with it! You win the I-wasn't-having-a-competition-but-I-wish-I-could-send-you-something-what-a-great-idea award!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back from your chocolate ban! In the UK there is even a low calorie version of this! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilt free peppermint-flavoured Cadbury drinking chocolate? I'm moving to the UK!

      Delete
  6. I'm going looking for this tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lindt drinking chocolate!! Have been known to eat it with a spoon from container when out of normal chocolate and I'd almost argue it's better!! Can't believe you made it 6 months without chocolate!! Crazy! Best I get is moderation.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindt, Galaxy, low-cal - too many ideas from everyone! Drinking chocolate overload!

      Delete
  8. I love chocolate and I too am on a chocolate ban. Just for July though, instead of doing Dry July. August cannot come soon enough! Darrell Lea NEEDS me!!!

    V.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!